Sunday, December 9, 2007

2008 or wait?

I'm getting nervous now that there's only a week until Sunny and I drive back to Northern Virginia. In order to secure a 2008 date, I'm pretty sure I'll need to decide on a venue and book it while I'm there. Don't believe me? Psycho D.C. brides book their weddings 16 months in advance! Several places are booked weekends April-October already :(
We might have to consider 2009 instead...
In the meantime though, here are some more places that got good reviews on WeddingWire:

Hollow Creek Golf Club: http://www.hollowcreekgolfclub.com/2003site/weddings.shtml
Woodend Sanctuary: http://www.audubonnaturalist.org/cgi-bin/mesh/site_rentals/maryland
Raspberry Plain: http://www.raspberryplain.com/


And here are some inspirational photographs from simple stunning weddings. Obviously it will depend on the venue I end up with, but I really like these (especially the vase of cattails):


6 comments:

Dorsa said...

I like all three of the sites. Who knew wedding planning would be so hard. crazy DC women.

Anonymous said...

I like Woodend Sanctuary and
Raspberry Plain the best. I couldn't see much of the golf club, although it looks nice too. I can't believe you're FINALLY getting married!!!!

Diana and Sunny said...

Shwa! I'm making my short list this week and scheduling the old site visits for next week. I've ruled out Hollow Creek for now, since when I googled it I discovered Middletown is over an hour from A-town, and twice as far from the Yoos'.

Diana and Sunny said...

Poohbear - start looking at bridesmaids dresses and give me your thoughts. I don't know how many bridesmaids I'll have, but i think there will only be a couple, so i want you guys to like your dresses! So far the color might be white or a burnt sienna. Or whatever. who knows! it's up for grabs!

Diana and Sunny said...

p.s. except pink and yellow are out.

Anonymous said...

wow me likey that! 16 months?! really? well than now I know I have to make reservations 17 months in advance to beat those DC chicks!