This has been my little creative project on and off for the last few weeks. It's pretty intimidating to think about designing printed materials for my wedding - other designers know what I'm talking about. Basically, if the bride's a designer, her invitations better be freakin' awesome or she'll lose credibility with her snarky design friends. Okay, so that's a little dramatic, but it's still true. Anyway, despite my performance anxiety, I'm determined to hand make something unique. So far all I've done is "practice", using different inks and paper, and various other bits and bobs that I've purchased at art supply stores. I think I know what they're going to look like now: here are a couple teaser photos if you're curious. Now I have to go check the knot.com and figure out how soon I'm supposed to send these out :)
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Save-the-Dates
This has been my little creative project on and off for the last few weeks. It's pretty intimidating to think about designing printed materials for my wedding - other designers know what I'm talking about. Basically, if the bride's a designer, her invitations better be freakin' awesome or she'll lose credibility with her snarky design friends. Okay, so that's a little dramatic, but it's still true. Anyway, despite my performance anxiety, I'm determined to hand make something unique. So far all I've done is "practice", using different inks and paper, and various other bits and bobs that I've purchased at art supply stores. I think I know what they're going to look like now: here are a couple teaser photos if you're curious. Now I have to go check the knot.com and figure out how soon I'm supposed to send these out :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was there to watch you practice with some of them. they look really good, definitely sperbeny styled. I've been looking at the knot.com too just so I know a few things about things you know.. =)
Post a Comment